Tips to finish your assessment quicker
International student survival guide
You are sitting in front of the computer, staring at the tasks you need to do for your studies, and you start thinking… “OMG! I don’t know where to start.” You might stand up, go to the kitchen, open the fridge, and check what is there. You might repeat the actions a few times until you decide to call it a day.
In fact, things are not that hard. What you need is a time management method. The Pomodoro Technique is one of the most popular ones.
- Decide on the task to be done.
- Set the pomodoro timer (it can be 10 to 25 minutes).
- Work on the task.
- End work when the timer rings
- Take a short break (5 minutes), then start working on the task again.
- After taking 4 short breaks, take a longer break (15–30 minutes)
It might not be easy in the beginning. So, it is recommended to start with 10 minutes working time and then take a 5 minutes break. These 10 minutes are crucial. When you are focused, you can get a lot of things done!